SmartSenior is one of the flagship projects of the BMBF as part of the high-tech strategy for Germany. Intelligent assistance systems (AAL - Ambient Assisted Living) will contribute to prevent accidents and diseases and to facilitate the everyday household tasks. This shall enable the elderly to live as long as possible, carefree and independent lives in their own homes and to maintain quality of life.
Nuromedia developed together with the geriatrics research group of the Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence, the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Architecture and Software Technology, the Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH and Humotion GmbH a interactive coach which motivates the elderly to perform exercises for stroke rehabilitation and the prevention of falling. The implementation of the research project was funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- DW-Video:SmartSenior (EN)
- DREI SECHS NULL: Video (DE)
- SPIEGEL:SmartSenior (DE)
- hi!tech:SmartSenior (DE)
- e-politik: ...im Alter gut vernetzt (DE)
- Tagesspiegel:Zurück in die Zukunft(DE)
- Berliner Morgenpost: SmartSenior (DE)
- ÄrzteZeitung: ...Mobilität im Alter...(DE)
- PDF:SmartSenior Projektreport (DE)
- PDF:SmartSenior Kurzreport (DE)
- BMBF:SmartSenior (DE)
- Telekom: SmartSenior (DE)
- T-Labs: SmartSenior (DE)
- CHARITÉ: SmartSenior (DE)
- Fraunhofer IZM: SmartSenior (DE)
- SIEMENS: SmartSenior (DE)
- TU-Berlin: SmartSenior (DE)
- Max-Planck-Institut: SmartSenior (DE)
- EGZB: SmartSenior (DE)
- Johaniter: SmartSenior (DE)
- ottobock. (DE)
- humotion: about (EN)
SmartSenior In Action
Training ConsoleThe Training Console was based on PC hardware with the game world components and systems, exclusively developed by the partners. Nuromedia developed the training software based on 3D technique and integrated the partners' software interfaces.
Trainingsplan ServerA Therapieplan Server was developed by Nuromedia to securely connect the patients Training Consoles with the therapists.
- Therapists mange their patients and configure therapie plans for them within the server
- The Training Console requests a therapie plan for its patient
- After trainig it sends the training results back to the server
- The therapist can check the training results and gets alerts in specified cases
- Last but not least interfaces for automated billing are implemented
Consortium: The research project bundles the competencies and know-how of 28 companies. This includes large enterprises and research institutes as well as small and medium-sized companies.